I don’t usually write blog posts on the topic of beauty, it’s just not my thing. I usually write about feelings, or my opinions on issues, or school things, or poetry. I wrote a couple of GRWMs for BEDA because I was running out of topics and GRWMs are fun to write if you truly enjoy writing them.
But today I thought that I would try to write about beauty because as I’ve grown out of the teenager phase, I’ve paid more attention to my skin and how to take care of it. I’ve also paid more attention to makeup, because I realized that even though I look fine without any makeup, I look better and more confident with makeup. I also look more awake (LOL, because when do i ever get enough sleep?). I usually don’t leave the house without at least filling in my eyebrows, and most of the time I dab on a bit of concealer. This is not to say that I don’t like how I look naturally, as I stated above, I do. However, if filling in my eyebrows makes me feel better, then why not?
So, without further rambling, here are some beauty products that have become my Holy Grail products:
1. Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion: Even though it’s not supposed be used as a facial moisturizer, I use it as one anyways. It’s not heavy at all, it smells of lavender, and it does a superb job of keeping my face looking and feeling great. I bought a huge bottle of it a couple years ago, and I haven’t finished it yet.
2. Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15: I bought this because I absolutely hated having to spray sunscreen or smear sunscreen on my face. So I thought, “hey, why not buy a moisturizer with SPF?” I went shopping and this was the cheapest one I found. It’s smells kind of like sunscreen but I can deal with that. (FUN FACT: I got a face full of freckles after not putting sunscreen on my face for the whole summer. I worked at an amusement park, and the sun was shining down on my face everyday).
3. Lush None of Your Beeswax Lip Balm: This smells of lemon bars, it’s vegan and it’s animal cruelty free. It doesn’t hurt that it feels like a dream on my lips.
4. Makeup Forever Artiste Palette Volume 1: THIS PALETTE OH MY GOD. It’s a lifesaver. I use the taupe grey and black together as my eyebrow colour and they are usually on fleek. Yea, yea, I know that they’re not matte, but they’re also not shimmery, (so I consider them to be matte) so if I want to use them on my eyebrows, then let me be. The lightest, almost translucent white colour I use as eyebrow highlight. The other six colours I use as eyeshadow. A couple of swipes on the lid, paired with some blending, and I look like I actually spent time on my eyeshadow, which I haven’t. I usually dont…
5. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: Dark Circles and red patches/areas BE GONE!
6. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder: My face looks flawless as fuck. Pores? Who me? Nah.
7. Clinique Cream Shaper For Eyes: The only pencil/cream liner that doesn’t run and end up turning me into a raccon halfway through the day. It’s also only $19. Most eyeliners are at least $5-6 more expensive.
8. Nars Lip Crayon: I’m not too big of a fan of the velvet matte lip pencils (I have one in Cruella, and honestly, it’s just meh). The Satin lip pencils are great though. They’re moisturizing and they stay for a few hours with eating and drinking.
OKAY I’M DONE. Hope you found this informative/helpful!